One of the favorites in our house. The cool thing about stuffed chicken breast is that you can choose a lot of different ingredients depending on what you like. For example: basil leaves, goat cheese, bell pepper, dark leafy greens, diced broccoli...
In the recipe below I don't have a lot of quantity numbers and measurements because it really depends on the size of the chicken breast that you're using and how big you make the pocket in the breast for stuffing. Just make sure that you're able to close the edges of the pocket as much as possible so your filling doesn't fall out in the cooking process.
Organic chicken breast, one per person, defrosted
Crumbled goat cheese (sub red peppers and/or other fillings for cheese-less version)
Baby spinach leaves
Bacon (3 to 4 slices per breast), uncooked
Basil (dried or fresh)
Himalayan pink salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute
For a side:
Asparagus, fresh broccoli or Brussels sprouts
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Prepare chicken by cutting a pocket into the side of the breast. It should look like a butterfly cut when finished. Do not cut all the way through or cut through the bottom.
3. Sprinkle the inside of the chicken breast very lightly with balsamic vinegar, basil, 21 Seasoning Salute, salt and pepper.
4. Stuff with your choice of filling and spinach. Press top of breast down and wrap uncooked bacon around breast, holding it close.
5. Bake in oven for 40 to 45 minutes. I finished mine in the broiler for 5 to 6 minutes to crisp up the bacon a little
6. Serve with steamed asparagus, broccoli or Brussels sprouts for a healthy and green side dish!
Get a little workout in while the chicken bakes and enjoy a delicious protein packed meal when you finish!